Connect with us

Entertainment

Tarzan actor Joe Lara among 7 presumed dead in US plane accident

Published

on

Every one of the seven passengers aboard a plane, including Tarzan actor Joe Lara and his diet guru spouse, are presumed dead after it crashed in a lake close to the US city of Nashville, authorities said.

The independent venture jet crashed at around 11:00 am local time on Saturday, shortly after taking off from the Smyrna, Tennessee airport for Palm Beach, Florida, Rutherford County Fire and Rescue (RCFR) said on Facebook.

The plane went down into Percy Priest Lake, about 12 miles (19 kilometers) south of Nashville.

By Saturday night, operations had switched from search and rescue to recovery efforts, RCFR incident commander Captain Joshua Sanders told a press conference.

“We are no longer trying to (search) for live victims at this point so we’re now recovering however much we can from the accident site,” he said.

On Sunday afternoon, RCFR said on Facebook that recovery operations had discovered “a few components of the aircraft just as human remains” in a debris field about half a mile wide.

Operations would continue until dark and resume Monday morning, RCFR wrote.

Lara played Tarzan in the 1989 television film “Tarzan in Manhattan.” He later starred in the television arrangement “Tarzan: The Epic Adventures,” which ran from 1996-1997.

His better half Gwen Shamblin Lara, whom he married in 2018, was the leader of a Christian weight-loss group called Weigh Down Ministries. She founded the group in 1986, and then in 1999 founded the Remnant Fellowship Church in Brentwood, Tennessee.

She is survived by two children from a previous marriage, according to a statement posted on the church’s website.

Entertainment

New Instagram photos appear to show Dubai ruler’s daughter princess Latifa at shopping centers

Published

on

New images of Sheikha Latifa, a daughter of the leader of Dubai, have appeared on Instagram in recent days, three months after the BBC aired a video message in which she said she was being held captive in a barricaded villa.

The images, whenever verified, would mark one of the couple of times Latifa has been photographed in public since shortly before she mounted a failed attempt three years ago to escape her father’s control by boarding a yacht to cruise across the Indian Ocean.

From that point forward, Latifa and her supporters claim she has been held against her will on the orders of Sheik Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum, the leader of Dubai and a vice-president of the United Arab Emirates.

The sheik and the UAE categorically deny the accusations.

In April, U.N. rights experts demanded that the United Arab Emirates show “proof of life” for and release Latifa bint Mohammed al-Maktoum, 35, after the video aired in February by the BBC’s investigative news program Panorama.

A source close to campaigners who have lobbied for her release said that the two pictures, posted on the Instagram account of Sioned Taylor, were certified and had been taken recently. Reuters couldn’t independently confirm whether Latifa has freedom of movement.

The UAE foreign ministry referred requests for comment on the Instagram images to the Dubai government’s media office, which didn’t respond when contacted by Reuters. When contacted by Reuters by means of Instagram, Taylor, whose profile identifies her as a teacher at a state-run Dubai school, didn’t respond.

The first image, posted on Taylor’s account on Thursday, shows Latifa outside a cinema inside a Dubai shopping center. An advertisement for a film released in Dubai on May 13 can be found in the background.

The second image, posted on Taylor’s account on Saturday, shows Latifa sitting outside a restaurant with the Dubai Mall in the backdrop.

After the video aired by the BBC in February, the UAE embassy in London issued a statement saying Latifa was being cared for at home by her family and medical professionals and that she would return to “public life at the appropriate time”.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Netflix announces return of Millie Bobby Brown, Henry Cavill for Enola Holmes continuation

Published

on

Millie Bobby Brown and Henry Cavill will reprise their roles as Enola and Sherlock, respectively, for the continuation of Enola Holmes film. Netflix released a teaser of sorts to inform fans and followers that Enola Holmes 2 is afoot. The first installment released in September last year.

NETFLIX ANNOUNCES SEQUEL TO ENOLA HOLMES

Enola Holmes 2 will be produced by Legendary and Netflix. Harry Bradbeer and Jack Thorne will return as the director and writer, respectively. The official social media handles of Netflix shared the news and wrote, “The adventure continues with @milliebobbybrown and @henrycavill as they return to the world of ENOLA HOLMES, reteaming with director Harry Bradbeer and writer Jack Thorne on a second movie based on Nancy Springer’s book arrangement about Sherlock Holmes’ brilliant sister (sic).” After the grand achievement of the first movie, producers have decided to meet up for the second installment. In any case, details about the second film have been kept under the wraps.

ABOUT ENOLA HOLMES

The Enola Holmes films are based on Nancy Springer’s Edgar Award-nominated book arrangement, The Enola Holmes Mysteries. The books trace the adventures of Sherlock and Mycroft Holmes’ detective teen sister, Enola. In the first installment, Millie played the role of Enola while Henry portrayed the character of Sherlock. Sam Claflin played the role of Mycroft Holmes. The first installment also starred Helena Bonham Carter as Enola’s mother.

The producers are yet to announce the release date of Enola Holmes 2.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Amazon discontinues one-month Prime subscription plan worth Rs 129, will no longer offer free trial

Published

on

OTT platform Amazon Prime won’t permit users to buy the one-month subscription plan worth Rs 129. The organization has also discontinued the free Amazon Prime trial pack too. This has been done to consent to the Reserve Bank of India’s new guidelines. The RBI has ordered banks and monetary institutions to add a factor of authentication to process recurring online transactions. The deadline for a similar Is September 30.

Amazon has updated on its FAQ page that it will be discontinuing certain plans because the banks won’t process any new requests for automated payments on your credit/debit cards.

“Kindly note that effective 1 April 2021, inferable from a Reserve Bank of India mandate, your bank may not be able to process any new requests for automated payments on your credit/debit cards. Therefore, effective 27 April 2021, we have temporarily discontinued: (I) new member recruits for Amazon Prime Free Trial and (ii) new member recruits for Monthly Prime Membership until further notice. You can continue getting a charge out of Prime membership benefits by renewing/pursuing the Three Month or Annual Prime Membership here. Effective 27 April 2021, the update under this notice will supersede any conflicting positions in the Prime T&Cs below,” the note by Amazon read.

Currently, new users have only two intends to browse a three-month plan that costs Rs 329 and a yearly arrangement that costs Rs 999. The yearly arrangement appears to bode well because on the off chance that you calculate it comes a lot cheaper than the monthly plans. Nowadays, most prepaid plans also accompany a free subscription to Amazon Prime, so you can search for one of those on the off chance that you don’t wish to spend extra money or a lot of money on an Amazon Prime subscription.

RBI had extended the deadline for implementing the additional factor of authentication to save users from inconvenience. The RBI had announced the new mandate in August 2019. It was initially applicable to cards and wallets but later was framework was extended to cover Unified Payments Interface (UPI) transactions too.

“The requirement of Additional Factor of Authentication (AFA) has made digital payments in India safe and secure. In the interest of customer convenience and safety being used of recurring online payments, the framework mandated use of AFA during registration and first transaction (with relaxation for subsequent transactions up to a limit of Rs 2,000, since enhanced to Rs 5,000), just as pre-transaction notification, facility to withdraw the mandate, etc. The primary objective of the framework was to protect customers from fraudulent transactions and improve customer convenience. Based on a request from Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) for an extension of time till March 31, 2021, to enable the banks to complete the migration, Reserve Bank had advised the stakeholders in December 2020 to migrate to the framework by March 31, 2021. Thus, adequate time was given to the stakeholders to consent to the framework,” RBI had said in statement.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 WNNGC. Theme by WNNGC, powered by WordPress.