Connect with us

Entertainment

Harry Potter actress Helen McCrory dies of cancer at 52

Published

on

Actress Helen McCrory, who is best known for her appearance in the Harry Potter series of films and Peaky Blinders, died of cancer. She was 52. Her husband Damian Lewis confirmed the news with a tweet. Damian wrote on Twitter that Helen died peacefully at her home after a heroic battle with cancer.

HELEN MCCRORY DIES OF CANCER

Helen McCrory’s husband Damian Lewis took to Twitter to share the news of her demise. “I’m heartbroken to announce that after an heroic battle with cancer, the beautiful and mighty woman that is Helen McCrory has died peacefully at home, surrounded by a wave of love from friends and family. She died as she lived. Fearlessly. God we loved her and know how lucky we are to have had her in our lives. She blazed so brightly. Go now, Little One, into the air, and thank you (sic),” his social media statement read.

CELEBS WHO PAID TRIBUTE TO HELEN MCCRORY

Helen McCrory’s friends and colleagues condoled the death of the actress. Daniel Radcliffe, who played the titular role in the Harry Potter series, shared a post on Instagram. “Really shocked and saddened by news of the death of Helen McCrory. One of my favourite actresses, she was different in every role. So beautiful, talented and versatile. She was one of the reason why Harry Potter was alive!! If she hadn’t lied about Harry’s death, we know what would have happened Rest in Peace #HelenMcCrory (sic),” the actor’s eulogy read. Helen played the role of Narcissa Malfoy, Draco Malfoy’s mother, in Harry Potter films.

Entertainment

19-year-old TikTok star dies subsequent to being shot in California cinema

Published

on

A youthful TikTok star who had been in a coma after he and a companion were shot inside a Southern California cinema has died, police and his family said Saturday.

Anthony Barajas, 19, was watching “The Forever Purge” at a venue in Corona with Rylee Goodrich, 18, on Monday when they were each shot in the head. They were found by a representative get-togethers last appearance of the evening.

Goodrich died at the scene. Barajas was taken to a close by clinic, where he was put in a coma.

Barajas, referred to online as itsanthonymichael, had almost 1,000,000 adherents on TikTok and more on different platforms.

The suspect acted alone, and there’s no sign he knew the victims or that Barajas’ job as a TikTok force to be reckoned with assumed a part in the wrongdoing, Corona police Cpl. Tobias Kouroubacalis told reporters last week.

“It was totally unjustifiable, and the victims were shot without any sort of earlier contact,” Kouroubacalis said during a news conference Wednesday.

Police were working with Riverside County prosecutors to add a second murder mean something negative for the suspected shooter, Joseph Jimenez.

Jimenez, 20, appeared in Riverside County Superior Court on Friday in the wake of being accused of murder in the death of Goodrich and attempted murder of Barajas. Yet, he didn’t enter a supplication, and his arraignment was delayed.

Prosecutors likewise had accused Jimenez of an uncommon situation of ready to pounce that makes him qualified for the death penalty whenever sentenced as charged.

Jimenez has been imprisoned since his arrest. It’s not satisfactory whether he has retained a lawyer who can speak for him.

Barajas had been a secondary school honor student, the Riverside Press-Enterprise reported.

“From his fast grin to his merciful heart, Anthony’s presence was a gift to all who knew him,” his family said in a statement.

Read More Article

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Scarlett Johansson is suing Disney over ‘Black Widow’ Disney+ release

Published

on

Actress Scarlett Johansson filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles Superior Court on Thursday that charges Disney breached her agreement by releasing the profoundly anticipated hero film “Black Widow” on its streaming service, Disney+.

The film was released all the while on the service and in theaters, which the suit claims broke an agreement between the star and the organization. The suit asserts that Johansson agreed that her compensation for the film would be based, in huge part, on the’s film industry pull.

“To augment these receipts, and thereby ensure her monetary interests, Ms. Johansson extracted a guarantee from Marvel that the release of the picture would be a ‘dramatic release,'” the suit claimed. “As Ms. Johansson, Disney, Marvel, and most every other person in Hollywood knows, a ‘dramatic release’ is a release that is select to cinemas. Disney was very much aware of this guarantee, however nonetheless directed Marvel to disregard its promise and instead release the picture on the Disney+ streaming service exactly the same day it was released in cinemas.”

Disney (DIS) responded on Thursday saying that “there is no legitimacy at all to this recording” and that the suit is “particularly sad and distressing in its callous disregard for the horrendous and delayed worldwide impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.”

“Disney has completely conformed to Ms. Johansson’s agreement and furthermore, the release of ‘Black Widow’ on Disney+ with Premier Access has altogether upgraded her capacity to acquire additional remuneration on top of the $20 million she has received to date,” a Disney spokesperson said in a statement.

The Wall Street Journal was quick to report the news.

The suit comes at a urgent second for Hollywood, as the pandemic has accelerated a few trends on the double. Streaming has become the point of convergence of Hollywood while cinemas and the movies battle to return to routineness following a pandemic that desolated its business.

Disney made enormous waves when it declared in March that “Black Widow” would be released on Disney+ for an extra charge and in theaters all the while. The film had been delayed on numerous occasions due to the pandemic. It was initially set to be released in May of 2020.

While different studios have done an equivalent day streaming and dramatic releases, the “Black Widow” news stood apart on the grounds that Marvel is the greatest blockbuster brand in the entirety of Hollywood, acquiring almost $23 billion at the worldwide film industry since 2008.

Its July 9 release was an immediate accomplishment for Disney, in theaters and streaming, acquiring $80 million in its North America opening in theaters and $60 million universally on Disney+. The film’s force has eased back down since and presently remains at generally $318 million worldwide, as indicated by Comscore (SCOR). That is not a huge take for a Marvel film.

Different issues have emerged as studios moved their significant blockbusters to streaming as the pandemic continues. Case in point: Warner Bros. reportedly paid star Gal Gadot and director Patty Jenkins each more than $10 million as the studio released “Wonder Woman 1984” on streaming service HBO Max just as theaters in December.

“It’s no secret that Disney is releasing movies like Black Widow directly onto Disney+ to increase subscribers and thereby help the organization’s stock cost — and that it’s taking cover behind Covid-19 as a pretext to do as such,” John Berlinski, lawyer for Johansson, revealed to CNN Business. “Yet, overlooking the agreements of the artists responsible for the achievement of its movies in facilitation of this silly strategy abuses their privileges and we anticipate demonstrating as much in court.”

He added that this will “surely not be the last case where Hollywood ability confronts Disney and clarifies that, whatever the organization might pretend, it has a legitimate commitment to respect its agreements.”

Read More Article

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Afghan comedian’s merciless murder sends shock waves around world; Taliban denies killing him

Published

on

The killing of comedian Nazar Mohammad, famously known as Khasha Zwan, in Afghanistan’s Kandahar territory, has sent shock waves around the world.

The comedian who previously served in the Kandahar Police was removed from his home on Thursday night and killed by unidentified shooters, nearby media reported.

The group of the comedian has faulted the Taliban for the attack. Nonetheless, the radical Islamist group has denied any association.

This comes as the Taliban escalated attack against the Afghan security forces and claimed that it has captured almost 70% of Afghanistan.

Families are escaping war-torn areas in Kandhar territory and taking haven in refugee camps set up by the Afghan government.

An individual from Parliament from Kandhar, Syed Ahmad Sailab, disclosed to India Today TV that after Eid festivities, Taliban has heightened attacks on Afghan forces in the entire Kandhar territory and individuals who have escaped for security are nearly starvation. They are, nonetheless, being provided food and clinical care at one of the transient camps close to Kandhar.

“We have decided to provide breakfasts and suppers multiple times for every one of the families who had to pass on their villages to reach Kandahar,” he said.

Read More Article

Continue Reading

Subscribe Us

Trending

You have successfully subscribed to the newsletter

There was an error while trying to send your request. Please try again.

World News Today will use the information you provide on this form to be in touch with you and to provide updates and marketing.